Sunday, June 21, 2009

The single mostest cutest thing I have EVER seen

Mary Ann, Mariah - my sister-in-law, and I were talking at dinner tonight about baby squirrels. Mary Ann said you never see them out and about - ever. I realized this is true, but we do have a book here that shows a nest of teeny-tiny hairless baby squirrels. So I said I had seen one, but only in pictures. I just received an e-mail from Mary Ann with a picture of a baby squirrel, one a bit older than the pictures I'd seen. I don't know if I've ever had something make my heart thump and nearly stop beating out of cuteness before, but this about did it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Last year I trapped some babies in the attic. Being babies probably saved them from drowning. Bella and I took them to a park and let them go.

Kelli said...

I remembered that when I posted this.

Simply Sarah *K* said...

That picture is just too cute...you can almost feel how soft their fur is!! It's too bad they aren't nicer creatures!

And James, you know you couldn't have drowned those squirrels...even if they weren't babies!