Saturday, June 20, 2009

Random Empowering Thought of the Day

The boys are asleep, Bryce is out working, and I've been cleaning like the Queen was coming to visit tomorrow. But you know what? I'm just NOT going to clean my baseboards. I mean, why? I don't want to. It's not like we're going to be licking them. If a major stain develops, sure, I'll wipe it up. Kid vomit splashes on the baseboards - I am so there with some bleach and an old rag. But other than that, nah. So I'll sweep, I'll mop, I'll wash some dishes and laundry and put it all away. Hell, I may even dust from time to time. But I'm just not going to worry about my baseboards. Not even when I have a party. And I'm not going to feel guilty about it anymore. I'm okay with that.

4 comments:

Sarah Young said...

I feel the same way!

Shannon said...

Good for you! I feel the same about vacuuming the edges, b/c when it comes down to it, would i rather be on my hands and knees with the vacuum hose, or doing something (anything) else? Easy answer!

Erica said...

Amen, sister! And thanks for that laugh.

VirtualM said...

My mom always delegated it out to the kids. Here's a washcloth, get down there and scrub! (Yeah it was more like a half-hearted wipe.) That's the good news - when your kids get big enough, you can pass off the ridiculous chores to them! Until then, who cares?